High gas barrier resin with outstanding chemical resistance for medical devices, pharmaceutical, cosmetic and food packaging as well as household applications.
T: +49 (0)40 369 688 26
High-performance elastomers which combine the flexibility of rubber and processing of thermoplastics. Applications range from automotive to industrial and consumer products.
T: +49 (0)40 369 688 36
KEPSTAN® is a high performance thermoplastic material polyether ether ketone ketone (PEKK). It is a linear, aromatic, semi-crystalline polymer with a glass transition temperature in a range of 155°C-163°C and melting point in a range of 303°C-360°C, depending on polymer backbone architecture (T/I ratio). It is particularly characterised by excellent thermal stability, hydrolysis and chemical resistance, high stiffness and strength, good toughness, outstanding wear, resistance to radiation, fire resistance and good electrical properties. There are three different series of KEPSTAN® in form of granules and powders available. We recommend the KEPSTAN® PEKK powders for hot spray, electrostatical and dispersion coatings.
PrimeTec® PEEK is a high-performance thermoplastic material based on polyetheretherketone (PEEK).
It is a linear, aromatic, semi-crystalline polymer with a glass transition temperature of 143°C and melting point of 343°C. It is particularly characterised by excellent thermal stability, hydrolysis and chemical resistance, high stiffness and strength, good toughness, outstanding wear, resistance to radiation, fire resistance and good electrical properties.
PrimeTec® PEEK is available in three different melt viscosities in form of granules and powders as well as compounded with a variety of fillers.
Click here to find more information regarding PrimeTec® PEEK.
LCP (Liquid Crystal Polymer) for high demanding thermal and mechanical applications (mainly electrical/electronic but also medical and automotive industry).
XYRON™ (modified polyphenylene ether or mPPE) engineering resins are composed of PPE together with polypropylene (PP), polystyrene (PS), polyamide (PA) or polyphenylene sulphide (PPS).
Major advantages of XYRON
- Superior in flame retardancy
- Excellent dimentional stability
- High resistance to acids and alkalis
- Excellent electrical properties (low loss factor)
- Excellent reworkability
- Low water absorption, high resistance to hot water
- Low specific gravity
- Wide range of heat resistance (80-170°C)
- UL-Listing for selected grades
- Drinking water approvals KTW, ACS, WRAS for selected grades
- E&E - electrical box housings, relay boxes, transformers, condensers, plugs, switches, connectors, electrical insulations, electrical filters, chassis, etc.
- Water components - water meter parts, water heaters, heat exchangers, pump housings/impellers, taps and water mixers, runners for hot water, valves, water switches, etc.
- Automotive - door handles, petrol flaps, wheel covers, corner fillers, roof rail holders, suspension parts, truck wind deflectors, bumper fixations, wing mirrors, etc